Pretty much all the content from the old version of the site has now been moved over, so it’s time to call the move to WordPress done and catalogue the new additions.
- Outtakes: as previously mentioned, the prostitution digression is now translated up through chapter 4; also, added PDFs of the full text of Les Misères
- History: added three resource posts on 19th-century French currency, daily life before indoor plumbing, and cost of living in 1830s Paris (the last one courtesy of Eugène Sue), and full-text PDFs of Les Révolutions du XIXe siècle, the primary source series behind most of the content in this section
- Paris: a number of new high-res maps of Paris, its environs, and Montreuil-sur-Mer; a high-res version of Charles Marville’s circa-1865 photograph of the Rue Mondétour from the Rue Rambuteau (former Rue de la Chanverrerie)
- Musical: three new cast recordings from Madrid, Warsaw, and Brno (Czech Republic)
- Tour guide: as previously mentioned, a gallery of photos from Digne and additional photos from Montreuil-sur-Mer, Montfermeil, and assorted locations in Paris; new Paris pages for Carnavalet, St-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas, Les Madelonnettes, and miscellaneous locations; absurdly detailed pages on Petit-Picpus and “A Dark Chase for a Silent Pack”
- Further reading: beta version of a reading list containing both websites and print books
- The fanwork section has been taken down. It’s not very relevant to the rest of the site, and I wanted to leave room on the menu for a possible future project. If you’ve come here through one of my fandom blogs, you probably know where to find my fic on AO3 anyway.