From Les Misérables Annotation Project
Les Misérables, Volume #: TITLE, Book #th: TITLE, Chapter #: TITLE<br /> (Tome #: TITLE, Livre #ième: TITLE, Chapitre #: TITLE) ==General notes on this chapter== ==French text== PASTE FRENCH TEXT HERE. ==English text== PASTE ENGLISH TEXT HERE. ==Translation notes== ==Textual notes== ==Citations== <references />
English text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/135/135-h/135-h.htm
- Use Ctrl+U (or whatever your browser's "view page source" option is) to get at the raw HTML.
- Convert the HTML to wiki markup:
- Option 1: Run it through an HTML-to-Mediawiki converter
- Option 2: Use find/replace in a text editor to strip out all the <p> and </p> tags, and to replace <i> and </i> with double apostrophes. That should be about it, but run a search for < and > when you're done to make sure you haven't missed any HTML.
- Remove any extra whitespace. There should be one blank line between paragraphs and no leading spaces at the beginning of a line. You can do this by hand, or use a text editor such as Notepad++ that can handle line breaks in its find/replace via the special characters \r\n.
- All single line breaks will be ignored, which means weird line wrapping is perfectly okay, but also means there has to be a blank line between paragraphs or you'll get the dreaded Wall of Text. Well, more of one than Hugo already gave you.